Popular SAP Controlling speaker Paul Ovigele will present several sessions at Controlling 2015. Based on feedback from Controlling 2014, Paul has developed sessions on the topics attendees want to learn more about. Paul will present sessions on:
Attend this pre-conference session to gain a comprehensive understanding of the flow of information in SAP Controlling and how it integrates with other modules. SAP experts and bestselling authors Paul Ovigele and John Jordan will cover:
- The flow of information both into and within SAP Controlling in a whiteboard mini-session
- How other modules including FI, SD, and MM impact SAP Controlling
- The production order process and associated cost flows
- Period-end activities including assessments, WIP, overhead, variance calculation and settlement
- The role of cost elements, cost centers, activities, orders, and profit centers master data
Leave this session with advanced tips for solving reconciliation issues and instructions for synchronizing data flows in SAP Controlling.
This session offers insight on utilizing the Material Ledger functionality to increase the accuracy and stability of your organization's actual inventory cost calculations. In this session we'll cover:
- Material Ledger functionality and configuration steps for cost and profitability reporting
- Converting purchase order and material master data for compatibility with the Material Ledger
- A list of steps necessary to successfully execute the actual costing run at month-end
- Leveraging revaluation functionality to pull the actual cost into your profitability analysis
- Tips for calculating customer profitability at actual costs using the periodic unit price
You’ll leave this session with tips and applications for using the periodic unit price calculated by the Material Ledger.
In this session, you’ll learn how to overcome one of the most common frustrations with CO-PA – the inability to easily reconcile it with the SAP General Ledger. We’ll cover:
- Overview of costing & accounting-based CO-PA, including ways that data flows into CO-PA
- Demonstration of how and why costing-based CO-PA ties to the SAP General Ledger
- Tips for matching the cost-of-sales G/L account with its corresponding value field
- Additional CO-PA reconciliation issues to be on the lookout for
- Options for reposting documents in CO-PA only
You will leave this session with instructions for synchronizing the data flows in CO-PA with the SAP General Ledger and best practices for easily analyzing and fixing reconciliation issues.