Several colleagues have asked questions about integration between Materials Management (MM) and Financial Accounting (FI) module:
- How do postings from MM flow into FI?
- How do we find out what occurs behind-the-scenes?
- How do we identify which movement types are pointing to a specific GL Account?
- Is there a way by which we can change the posting to a different General Ledger (GL) Account?
- How does one create a new movement type and assign it to a specific GL Account?
Many SAP practitioners – IT and business alike – are in similar situation and do not know where to start on MM-FI data flow and reconciliation. This blog is an attempt to clarify the fundamentals of MM-FI account determination.
Configuration transaction OBYC forms the core of SAP’s integration between the MM, FI, and Controlling (CO) modules in a traditional SAP ERP system.